Tower Hamlets, Newham & Waltham Forest ENT Service
The Ear, Nose and Throat service provides care for NHS patients across Tower Hamlets, Newham and Waltham Forest under a contract with North East London Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).
We provide patients and GPs with specialist advice and treatment for a range of ENT conditions. Our specialist ENT doctors and their multi-disciplinary team aim to diagnose your condition, arrange any investigations necessary and provide treatment to resolve or manage your symptoms.
As part of this service and to support Barts Health NHS Trust with their ENT COVID recovery plans, the current ENT waiting list is being reviewed and where clinically appropriate patients will be redirected to the community service in order to expedite ENT treatment for patients in the borough
Your GP can organise a direct referral to us and we will ensure that you are seen in the right place, by the right clinician at the right time:
- Your GP will complete a referral form for you and send to us via the NHS e_referral system
- Your referral will be reviewed by an ENT specialist within 5 working days who will decide where it is most appropriate for you to be seen
- In some cases, you will not need an ENT appointment and we will provide your GP with a treatment plan so that they can treat your condition in your practice
- If you require hospital treatment, our administration team will organise an alternative appointment for you at your preferred choice of hospital and you will be sent an appointment confirmation letter including options to change your appointment and hospital where possible
- If it is most appropriate for you to be seen within the TNW Community ENT Service, a member of the administration team will contact you via telephone in the first instance to offer you an appointment.
- In some cases, it would be beneficial for you to have a hearing test before your ENT appointment. Our administration team will contact you via telephone to arrange this appointment within our service.
On the day of your appointment, you will be collected from the waiting room by one of our dedicated Health Care Assistants who will guide you to the clinic room where your ENT specialist/ Audiologist will greet you.
We aim to ensure that everything you need can be completed in the first appointment. This includes:
- Full consultation
- Procedures if required
- Hearing tests
- Medication advice to take to your GP
- Self-management advice to support you at home
- Information leaflets for you to take home
Our qualified clinicians are able to complete a wide range of nonsurgical procedures as part of your appointment. You do not need to do anything different on the day of your appointment and none of the procedures we carry out will require general anaesthetic or sedation.
Your clinician will fully explain the procedure to you during your appointment and provide you with information to take home with you if needed.
In some cases, our clinicians may offer you local anaesthetic prior to the procedure however this is usually not needed.
Following your ENT procedure, you will usually be able to carry on your day as you normally would.
Our ENT Clinical Team:
- Ms Sonna Ifeacho (ENT Consultant)
- Mr Olakunle Ajayi (ENT Consultant)
- Mr Konstantinos Ballas (ENT Consultant)
- Gaurav Kansal (ENT Associate Specialist)
- Solomon Muna (ENT Associate Specialist)
- Dr. Kifayat Ullah (ENT Associate Specialist)
- Esther Blenke (ENT GPwSI)
- Dr. Dominic Roberts (ENT GPwSI)
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: 020 8683 6734
By post: TNW Community ENT Service, Communitas Clinics,
83 Brigstock Road, Thornton Heath, Surrey, CR7 7JH
You will be offered an appointment at one of our clinic locations:
Address: 20 Old Montague Street, London E1 5PB
Monday – Saturday 8:30 – 18:30