City & Hackney Community ENT Service
The Ear, Nose and Throat service provides care for NHS patients across City and Hackney under a contract with City and Hackney Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).
We provide patients and GPs with specialist advice and treatment for a range of ENT conditions. Our specialist ENT doctors and their multi-disciplinary team aim to diagnose your condition, arrange any investigations necessary and provide treatment to resolve or manage your symptoms.
Your GP can organise a direct referral to us and we will ensure that you are seen in the right place, by the right clinician at the right time:
- Your GP will organise a referral for you and provide you with details of your provisional appointment with us.
- Your referral will then be reviewed by an ENT specialist who will decide where it is most appropriate for you to be seen
- In some cases, you will not need an ENT appointment and we will provide your GP with a treatment plan so that they can treat your condition in your practice – we will of course advice you of this decision
- If you require hospital treatment, our administration team will organise an alternative appointment for you at your preferred choice of hospital – we will of course advice you of this decision
- If it is most appropriate for you to be seen within the Enhanced Community ENT Service, a member of the administration team will call you to confirm your appointment with us.
- In some cases, it would be beneficial to postpone your ENT appointment so that you can have a hearing test beforehand. We will organise a hearing test appointment for you with a local City and Hackney provider and will contact you to book your ENT appointment once we have received your results
Once your referral has been reviewed by our qualified ENT specialists as suitable for an appointment within the Community service, our friendly administration team will contact you to confirm you appointment in one of our 2 local clinic locations.
On the day of your appointment, you will be collected from the waiting room by one of our dedicated Health Care Assistants who will guide you to the clinic room where your ENT specialist will greet you.
Our One stop clinics aim to ensure that everything you need can be completed in the first appointment. This includes:
- Full consultation
- Procedures if required
- Prescribing medication
- Self-management advice to support you at home
- Information leaflets for you to take home
If you need a hearing test as part of your Ear, Nose and Throat treatment will we organise an appointment with a local partner provider for you, we will automatically receive the results of the test and will contact you as soon as they are available to organise the remainder of your treatment.
Our qualified clinicians are able to complete a wide range of non surgical procedures as part of your appointment. You do not need to do anything different on the day of your appointment and none of the procedures we carry out will require general anaesthetic or sedation.
Your clinician will fully explain the procedure to you during your appointment and provide you with information to take home with you if needed.
In some cases, our clinicians may offer you local anaesthetic prior to the procedure however this is usually not needed.
Following your ENT procedure you will usually be able to carry on your day as you normally would.
Our ENT Clinical Team:
- Mr Plamen Donev (ENT Consultant)
- Mr Sherif Haikel (Locum ENT Consultant)
- Mr Al-Fallouji (ENT Consultant)
- Mr Konstantinos Ballas (ENT Consultant)
- Dr Dominic Roberts (ENT GPwSI)
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: 020 8683 6734
By post: City & Hackney ENT Service, Communitas Clinics,
83 Brigstock Road, Thornton Heath, Surrey, CR7 7JH
You will be offered an appointment at one of our clinic locations:
Friday and Saturday, clinic times include appointments between 08:30 and 18:00
Wednesday 08:30 – 13:00 and 14:00 – 17:00