Sussex Intermediate Dermatology Service
The Sussex Intermediate Dermatology Service provides community Dermatology care for NHS patients across Sussex under a contract with Crawley and Horsham & Mid Sussex Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs).
We provide patients and GPs with specialist advice and treatment for a range of skin conditions. Our specialist Dermatology doctors and their multi-disciplinary team aim to diagnose your condition, arrange any investigations necessary and provide treatment to resolve or manage your symptoms.
All Dermatology referrals are clinically reviewed to ensure that you are seen in the right place, by the right clinician at the right time:
- Your GP will organise a direct referral to our service
- Your referral will then be reviewed by a Dermatology specialist who will decide where it is most appropriate for you to be seen
- In some cases, we will provide your GP with a treatment plan so that they can treat your condition in your practice
- If you require hospital treatment, our administration team will organise an alternative appointment for you at your preferred choice of hospital – we will of course advice you of this decision
- If it is most appropriate for you to be seen within our Community Dermatology clinics, a member of our friendly administration team will contact you to book you an appointment at one of our local clinics
On the day of your appointment, you will be collected from the waiting room by one of our dedicated Health Care Assistants who will guide you to the clinic room where your Dermatology specialist will greet you.
Our One Stop clinics aim to ensure that everything you need can be completed in the first appointment. This includes:
- Full consultation
- Procedures if required
- Prescribing medication
- Self-management advice to support you at home
- Information leaflets for you to take home
Our qualified clinicians are able to complete a wide range of minor surgery procedures as part of your appointment. Routinely, you do not need to do anything different on the day of your appointment and none of the procedures we carry out will require general anaesthetic or sedation. If special measures are required, we will contact you ahead of your appointment to let you know.
Your clinician will fully explain the procedure to you during your appointment and provide you post minor surgery information to take home with you if needed. In some cases, our clinicians may offer you local anaesthetic prior to the procedure.
Following your Dermatology procedure you will usually be able to carry on your day as you normally would.
Our Dermatology Clinical Team:
- Dr Nadim Ni’Man (Dermatology GPwSI)
- Dr Sarah Cato (Dermatology GPwSI)
- Mr Daniel Lichtenstein (Dermatology Consultant)
By email: email@example.com
By telephone: 020 8683 6734
By post: Sussex Intermediate Dermatology Service,
Communitas Clinics, 83 Brigstock Road,
Thornton Heath, Surrey, CR7 7JH
You will be offered an appointment at one of our local clinic locations:
Address: Hurst Close, Crawley RH11 8TY
Tuesdays 08:30 – 16:30
Address: Saxonbrook Medical, Maidenbower Place, Crawley RH10 7QH
Friday 08:30 – 16:30