Wound Care Information
Care of Wound Following Minor Surgery:
- Keep the wound dry for at least 48 hours. If you do get it wet, pat it dry with a clean tissue or a towel and apply a clean plaster.
- Avoid Strenuous exercise or swimming until the stitches have been removed.
- Stitches are normally removed by the Practice Nurse at your GP’s surgery.
- Your dressing/s should be checked by the Practice Nurse at your GP’s surgery.
- If the wound becomes very red and painful it may mean that it is infected. Please go and see your GP or go to the Casualty Department at weekends as you may require antibiotics.
- If your wound begins to bleed, apply pressure to the area. If It does not resolve please go and see your Practice Nurse, GP or the Casualty Department.